TAP TO CALL AND BOOK YOUR PHYSIO APPOINTMENT
To Book Your Appointment call 01260 413135
“How Injured Footballers, Golfers, Runners or Cyclists Can Overcome Their Injury to Return to Their Sport With Confidence”
Sport and Exercise can be great for keeping the weight down, clearing the mind or even just socialising with friends. However, we realise here at Browns Physiotherapy that when exercising and playing sports that unfortunately injuries can occur.
It can be easy to pass off that niggle as “nothing too serious” or there can also be the temptation to “run through the pain” not knowing if you’re actually making things worse and potentially causing more damage.
If this is happening to you, whether it’s a background niggle that you can’t seem to settle down or an incident happened playing at the weekend we see people living with an injury from sports and exercise in our physio clinic in Stoke, all year around.
Having worked in elite sporting environments we have experience of seeing every type of sports injury there is – and know how to help people recover from them. The one thing that makes us different from a lot of clinics is that we understand that it is never too soon to start the treatment process.
That is completely the opposite to the way that most people respond to getting a sports injury, and is why so many people suffering with a sports injury are asking themselves:
It’s Been Months and I am STILL Suffering With an Injury That’s Stopping Me From Being Active and Playing My Favourite Sport!
It’s very common for people with a sports injury whether it’s a pulled muscle or something a little more sinister to rest and “wait it out”. We see it all the time where the pain eases with rest but due to not doing the proper rehab for an injury, when they go back to running/exercising the injury flares back up within the first session or two.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we see all the time in our Physio Clinic is when people go to the Doctors, and the Doctor tells them they need to take a break, rest, wear a support and “try these painkillers” to “see how it goes” – but then 6 weeks later they end up going back to the same Doctor again because the injury hasn’t got any better, only to be given MORE rest, and ANOTHER prescription of even stronger pills.
The problem is that when it comes to sports injuries – hamstrings, ankle sprains, swimmers shoulders etc., – doing nothing is never the answer. Yes of course at times we need to alter what you’re doing but just hoping that rest alone will be all it needs is wishful thinking at best.
You might be a little confused about your current injury. Someone may have told you it was your core, someone else said it was your flexibility, someone else said it was your posture.
Sports injuries can be very confusing because more often than not, where the pain is coming from, isn’t actually the area that needs to be fixed and worked on and if you rest for too long – other parts of the body become just as, if not more problematic!
This confusion over what to do can cause people to procrastinate about doing nothing at all. As common as sports injuries are they don’t have to be the cause of stopping you doing what you love to do.
Is That How You Feel Too?
If Your Currently Living With A Sports Injury, Here Are Seven Reasons That It May Be Lasting Longer Than It Should
1. You didn’t think it would actually take this long to go.
2. You went to your GP who told you to rest, take some tablets – but the pills did little to help your injury, and as soon as they tried to exercise your pain came back again!
3. Someone you know told you that “it’s just part of playing sports or exercising and happens as you get older”.
4. You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or a Physiotherapist in the past, but it just didn’t seem to make a difference.
5. You searched the Internet, watched some exercise videos, tried ice & heat or got a gel that promised immediate relief but they either didn’t do a thing, or even made your injury worse.
6. You thought it would be a good idea to “rest and wait it out” but that just made things stiffer and the pain worse.
7. You decided to get a few “sports massages” hoping that would fix your injury, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing in the moment, and didn’t do anything to fix it long term…
We’d love to hear from you…
If any of these have happened to you – we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our Physios at our Stoke-on-Trent Physiotherapy Clinic to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work – you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to schedule a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice given to you over the phone. The phone call is complementary and there is absolutely no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help YOU make the right decision about what to do next that will be the best thing for your health.
What Can I Do Today To Help My Sports Injury As Quick As Possible
1. It’s time to make the conscious decision to make your life better and seek help. “I wish I came to see you sooner” are words we hear in the clinic every day. You don’t have to suffer through that run. You don’t have to sit on that cold bench and watch your team play – you can get back to being involved but it requires you to get the help and treatment you need.
2. Exercise is great, but are you doing the right exercises? This is not something that can be taught through a sheet of paper, and any Health Professional worth their salt would not give you such false hope. Only by attending appointments with a qualified, skilled and experienced Physiotherapist who can demonstrate and help you learn the exercises in a controlled, supported and safe environment will you gain any benefit.
3. Avoid “too much rest” while rest is an important part of the recovery process, too much rest won’t do anything to help you recover quickly. Many people believe that recovery means total rest from exercise. But in order for an injury to recover, blood flow is needed which rest prevents. It would really help if you were given appropriate recovery and strengthening exercises to heal the injury, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy again as quickly as possible.
4. Get proper “hands-on” Physiotherapy! At the end of the day, all of the above will help you feel better, and will help you reduce pain, but very often it will keep coming back again and again. Only by committing to attend Physiotherapy sessions will you actually experience any long lasting results. If your injury is impacting your way of life, your job, your social life and ultimately – your happiness – it’s time to take action
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about how Brown’s Physiotherapy can help support you to lead the pain free life you truly desire – then we invite you to complete the no obligations appointment by clicking on the below tab.
Note: This Free Taster Session is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or sceptical about Physiotherapy – unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a free taster session so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done – without any financial risk on your part.
“How Will Going to Brown’s Physiotherapy Actually Help You Get Rid of Your Sports Injury for Good?”
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness—often in a couple of visits to the clinic.
- We will give you the answers you desire and help you understand WHY this is happening to you, very often in the first sessions in a matter of minutes.
- Exercising with pain causes you to fatigue and tire easier. We can help you to enjoy living with more energy each day, and return to doing what you love safely
- No shortcuts. We will ensure that no stone is left unturned finding the true cause of your injury. Along with specialised hands on treatment and specific exercises we will speed up your recovery.
- An end to painkillers! We can help you stop the cycle of playing through or exercising with painkillers. Leading to better long term health.
- Put the Knee brace and tape away! Attending physiotherapy sessions at Browns Physiotherapy we will support you in overcoming your need for a feeling like you need a brace or taping up and support you on your journey to moving freely and confidently.
- Help to get you back on the Golf Course, Cycle up those hills and get back to Running.
- No more time wasted in GP Surgeries and MORE time spent exercising and playing sports.
- We will help you avoid those painful and stressful injections, and vastly reduce the need or worry of surgery.
- Basically… the Physiotherapy Team at Browns Physiotherapy can help you get back to living life free from daily, annoying and frustrating Sports Injuries, and return to the exercise you love
If you would like to know more about appointment times, costs and payment options then please click on the tab below which will provide you with a short form to complete.